Homeowners Insurance Quote Forms
Looking for coverage? Click any of the following links to submit a quote for quick, accurate and affordable rates.
Homeowners Insurance Information
Property damage in Florida is unfortunately quite common. According to CNN, the 2022 Hurricane Ian caused an estimated $47 billion in insured property losses, making it one of the costliest storms in Florida’s history. The right home insurance policy, also known as homeowners insurance, can help pay for damage to your home and even protect you from personal liability.
At Flagler Insurance Agency, we understand the importance of protecting your home. Contact us in Palm Beach, Florida, to learn more about our home insurance coverage.
How Does Florida Home Insurance Work?
A recent Florida State Senate Bill (SB 2-A) has been created to help stabilize Florida’s property insurance market. Among other things, this legislation is designed to help reduce the cost of home insurance, decrease the amount of time insurance companies have to pay out home insurance claims and promote more competition in the Florida property insurance marketplace.
What Is Home Insurance?
Home insurance is a type of property insurance that can help pay to repair or replace your home if it is damaged or destroyed. In exchange for your premiums, your home insurance company will pay for covered losses according to your policy terms and up to your coverage limits.
What Does Florida Home Insurance Cover?
The exact coverage provided by your home insurance policy may vary among insurers. Here are some common home insurance coverages:
- Dwelling coverage can help pay for damage to structural aspects of your home (e.g., foundation, electrical systems) due to a covered peril.
- Personal liability coverage can help cover expenses (e.g., legal fees, medical bills) associated with claims that your family caused bodily harm or property damage to a third party.
- Other structures coverage can help pay to repair or replace detached structures on your property (e.g., gazebo, detached garage) if they’re damaged or destroyed by a covered loss.
- Personal property coverage can help cover expenses if your personal belongings are damaged or destroyed by a covered peril.
- Additional living expenses can help pay for expenses (e.g., hotels, meals) if a covered loss requires you to temporarily leave your home.
If you live in a high-risk flood zone, a separate flood insurance policy may be required to ensure sufficient protection from flood damages. Contact Flagler Insurance Agency to learn about the additional coverage options we offer.
Is Homeowners Insurance Required in Florida?
Home insurance isn’t legally required in Florida. However, many mortgage lenders will ask for proof of homeowners insurance in order to approve your loan. Even when home insurance isn’t required, you may decide that the cost of premiums is well worth the financial protection.
How Much Does Home Insurance Cost in Florida?
Your insurance costs may vary based on a number of factors. Many insurance companies will consider the following variables when determining the cost of your premiums:
Contact Flagler Insurance Agency for a home insurance quote.
How Do I Get Home Insurance in Florida?
Finding the right protection for your needs may seem challenging. Our agents are here to help. Contact Flagler Insurance Agency to learn more about our home insurance coverage.